Ellen Willis is known for her political journalism and feminism, but did you know she was also the first-ever pop critic for the New Yorker? A new, must-read anthology of her writing rescues her place in the rock canon; here, Julianne Escobedo Shepherd examines the feminist implications of reclaiming a woman music critic for the canon.
- telepathicaffair likes this
- champagnecandy likes this
- thirstinmore reblogged this from jawnita and added:
- thirstinmore likes this
- ferrrn likes this
- jawnita reblogged this from alternet-culture and added:
- alternet-culture posted this